Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Not alone...

Another very tough day at work, makes it very difficult to stay positive.

There is one thing that came to mind along the way that I should be thankful for, though. I was reminded that I am not alone.

Many (most?) of my colleagues also feel swamped, overwhelmed, not positioned or equipped to succeed. In terms of work fulfillment, we spend most of our time right at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Doing little more than bare day-to-day survival, with no time or energy for looking further ahead, let alone planning to make real improvements in the workplace.

As a manager, this is exceptionally frustrating to me because thinking to the future is where I should be spending most of my energy. I'm not. But I know I'm not alone in feeling this frustration, and between us we might find a way to cut through the logjam.

No comments:

Post a Comment