Sunday, December 13, 2020

The little things

The news has been so depressing this year (COVID, COVID denial, and don't even start on the US election fiasco ... more people voted for the other guy! Get over it!) that it's easy to overlook the little things in day-to-day life that shed a more positive light.

I realized I should try to build up some immunity to the negativity by paying more attention to the positives. And I remembered that I started this blog nine years ago for that very reason.

So, yesterday ...

My car started. Not a big deal? Well, it's been giving trouble recently, flat battery one day, boosted it, seemed ok, but flat again the next day. Got it replaced but worried that there might be an electrical fault draining it. So it was a relief when it actually started fine at last.

On top of that, the clock/radio that had stopped working a couple of weeks ago (hence the worry about an electrical fault) is suddenly working again.

Amazon seems to have fixed the problem they were having with shipping to Canada, so a book I was trying to order is finally ordered.

Cheerful staff at the grocery store.

Getting my mind back in gear on my next writing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment